Lauren Thibodeau, MA, AMFT
Lauren is a California Associate Marriage & Family Therapist under the supervision of Sara Gilman, PsyD, LMFT. Lauren has a decade of experience as a 911 Dispatcher and supervisor.
This experience adds to his nature of responding to difficulty from a calm and grounded position. Becoming a mental health professional has empowered him to offer help and support in a proactive way that aids couples, families, and individuals from going down a path that is harmful and unhealthy thus restoring a state of well-being.
Lauren’s therapeutic approach is built on a foundation of empathy, safety, and fostering compassion for each client, being open to the uniqueness of each individual. Working from a framework of collaboration with clients to tailor a therapeutic experience that fits their own personal circumstances and needs.
Lauren says, “I will meet you where you are, and help you harness your identity, experiences, and relationships in a healthy and constructive way. I will collaborate with you and guide you in developing a compassionate understanding of yourself and others. Together we will find the therapeutic approach that is the best fit for you and work on reducing troubling symptoms, and unhealthy coping skills and identifying and improving behavior patterns, improving your quality of life.”
Lauren has a passion for working with ADHD and Autism and providing neurodivergent affirming care, offering gender-affirming care to the LGBTQIA community, and providing mental health services to address symptoms unique to women’s health conditions (PCOS, infertility, endometriosis, fibroids, etc.) as well as the relational difficulties and medical trauma that accompany these unique circumstances.
- Grief & Loss
- Depression, Anxiety, and Stress
- School Challenges, Bullying, and Social Anxiety
- Women’s Issues & Life Transitions
- Adult survivors of childhood abuse and neglect
Additional Trainings and Qualifications:
- Collaborative Family Healthcare Association: Key Author and Presenter Addressing
- Disparities in Women’s Health, A Cross-Disciplinary Approach to Assessment
- Diagnosis and Treatment Endometriosis
- NAMI: Severe Mental Illness and Suicide Prevention Panel
- Scripps Hospital: Schizophrenia, Psychosis and Drug Influenced Behaviors
- CPR/AED EMR certified
- Bachelor’s of Neuroscience, minor in Psychology
- Master’s in Marriage and Family Therapy
- Member of California Association of Marriage and Family Therapy